Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Work From Home: Iced In

L.L. Bean boots cable knit red sweater

When I left work yesterday afternoon, the ice was already building up. By this morning it looked like my driveway was made of snow - until, of course, you  made the terrible mistake of actually trying to leave. The whole thing was one large sheet of ice, and our front steps alone were a perilous journey.

My boss at my new job had mentioned yesterday that we might need to work from home, and that's what ended up happening. Since I had designated today as a Blog Post Outfit Day, and I'm still desperately trying to ensure no one knows how often I wear pajama pants when in my house, I went ahead and pulled something together.

Here is what I love about L.L. Bean's cable-knit sweaters - they are the most comfortable thing in the entire sweater world. They're thick, heavier-knit with New England winters in mind. I only own this single one, but that's only because in a place where I only wear a sweater like this maybe two or four times per winter I would feel kind of ridiculous with any more than that.

It doesn't mean I won't buy more later, mind you; just that I will have to get over feeling ridiculous first.

Cable-knit sweaters aren't particularly flattering on people like me - with a larger chest and a longer torso, I hit two Fashion Sins right off the bat. The hem hits along one of the widest parts of me, and much of the heavy cable design is focused on one of the other, um, larger parts of me.

I totally don't care.

When home watching training videos, working on assignments, and generally discovering where everything goes from here, I'm going to prioritize warmth first. There is nothing warmer than an L.L. Bean Sweater.

smart wool smartwool socks

Well, let me rephrase that.

There is nothing warmer than thick SmartWool socks... but the sweater comes in a close second.

L.L. Bean cable knit sweater bean boots

Outfit Details:
Sweater: L.L. Bean Coveside sweater, available in a few other colors
Jeans: Old Navy, here
Socks: SmartWool Saturnsphere
Boots: L.L. Bean, here
Turquoise undertank: Walmart or something? I don't know.

1 comment:

  1. Find out how THOUSAND of people like YOU are working for a LIVING online and are fulfilling their dreams right NOW.

    Get daily ideas and methods for making $1,000s per day FROM HOME for FREE.

    GET FREE ACCESS NOW

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Say it! Unless it's spam, just a link back to your own blog, or pointlessly mean, it'll stay up! Comments make the world go round!